Day Schedule: The school is open at 7AM All students must be at school before 7:45 AM, leave after 5PM. The school library is open from 7:30AM to 5:30PM, where students can do homework before returning home. They can use the library after school only when they can keep order, remain silent, and avoid affecting other classmates, or they will be reprimanded and asked to leave the library. If a student is late for school or stays late after school, parents must know the reason, especially for primary students. Parents should know exactly where, when, and who they are with to avoid any tragedies from occurring. The school office will notify parents of any circumstances that need to be resumed. If a student does not participate in any activities after school, the school will be exempt from the responsibility for supervising the students after school.
Uniforms: Students must wear school uniforms, except in the case of extracurricular activities or the Spirit Day program. Students must wear gym clothes and sports shoes for gym classes.
Food/ Drinks at School: Breakfast will be served at the school canteen between 7AM and 9AM. Lunch will be served from 11PM to 12PM per day and a snack will be provided during the afternoon break. Students are only allowed to eat within the school canteen and sit at the designated location. Water is available for students on each floor. Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottles to be filled and drank between classes. Parents need to prepare and remind students to bring their water bottles to school.
Personal Blockers: All students have personal lockers to ensure the safety of their personal belongings, and to help them avoid carrying heavy items such as books at the same time.
In and Out of School: Students are not allowed to leave the property of the school until the end of the last lesson. Students are not allowed to go to school without proper uniforms. During holidays students are not allowed to enter the school (except in the case of receiving valid permission). Students who are sick or have special reasons to leave school during school hours must follow school procedures.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Respect between staff and students and among students.
- Respect for the school’s physical environment. Each area of the school has its own rules, students must respect and behave properly in each area.
- Respect for individuality and freedom from bullying.
- Respect for the views of others.
- Respect for the rights of others to access resources.
- Respect for the academic requirements of programs.
- Respect for the roles and responsibilities of academic staff.
- Respect for intellectual property and academic integrity.
Behavior management and expectations
Students have responsibility to respect the rights and dignity of others and to become actively involved in their own academic learning and social growth. It is expected that all students are respectful, organized, cooperative, kind, and safe.
- Treat people, property, and the school with respect.
- Use courteous words such as please and thank you; use proper language.
- Listen/talk at appropriate times.
- Dress appropriately. • Refrain from inappropriate touching – groping, horseplay, pushing.
- Attend all classes.
- Be on time for all classes.
- Bring all supplies to each and every class.
- Have homework completed on time.
- Be prepared for tests/quizzes.
- Keep personal locker clean
- Attend additional study lessons when assigned.
- Attend In-School suspensions when assigned.
- Do not use phone in class unless authorized by the teacher.
- Promptly follow directions given by teachers and staff.
- Follow classroom rules and expectations. • Try your best at all times.
- Work in the forum or library during spares.
- Use cell phones only during breaks.
- Pick up your garbage.
- Show empathy.
- Help others.
- Speak in a positive and encouraging manner.
- Be helpful to younger or new students.
- Refrain from engaging in or encouraging bullying or harassment
- Refrain from spreading rumors.
- Follow safety procedures for equipment use; wait for authorization before using the equipment.
- Walk in an orderly manner down the hallway. Do not yell, run and jump in the school area to ensure safety and respect for the learning environment of other students. Students can play in the school grounds.
- Refrain from smoking or using chewing tobacco on/near school property.
- Refrain from having/using drugs or alcohol at school or at any school function.
- Drive with care and caution.