Middle School is a period of discovery and growth and students are encouraged to take risks, try new things, and learn what their passions are in life. Pennsylvania American Middle School (Grades 6th – Grade 8th ) curriculum is designed to address the unique academic, artistic, physical, creative, and emotional development needs of 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students with a well-balanced American curriculum and extra-curricular in a dynamic learning environment.
Licensed by the Greenville Area School District, the Middle Curriculum at PennSchool is implemented in integration with MoET program and align with:
- Common Core States Standards for Mathematics
- Common Core States Standards for English Language Arts
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- American Education Reaches Out (AERO) for Social Studies
- Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Shape America Standards for Physical Education and Health
- National Core Arts Standard for Performing Arts and Visual Art
These set of challenging standards provide our students with a well-rounded education that balances high academic achievement with social and emotional growth. By embracing cross-curricular projects, collaboration, inquiry and the integration of technology into all areas of the curriculum, students mastery lifelong learning skills, such as research and communication skills, rather than mastery of a pre-ordained body of knowledge, our students are prepared for life beyond Middle School.