Book Week with the theme “The Power of Words”
Goals & Objectives
In order to recognize the value of books and promote a reading culture within the PennSchool community, the School is organizing a Book Week with the theme “The Power of Words”.
Through these engaging activities during Book Week, students will experience the joy of reading and, in turn, form good habits to expand their knowledge, nurture their creativity, and enhance their imaginations.
All students from Pre – Grade 5
- Book Camping: Students experience reading books together in a tent during the Reading Circle.
- Book Swap: Students bring books for exchange in the Book Corner during Book Week.
- Book Review: Students retell and present the story they have read or enjoyed in Guided Reading class.
- Book Cover Decoration (Grades 3 – 5): Students use Canva to decorate book covers during their ICT class. The 3 classes with the most creative and excellent book cover designs will receive gifts from the School.
- Story Character Costume Design Competition (Grades 3 – 5): Students participate in a contest to design costumes for characters in the story using recycled materials. The 3 most creatively designed, impressive, and beautiful outfits will receive gifts from the School.
- Mini Story Design (Khối Pre – 2): Students are given a Mini-Story template to rewrite and draw the story. After completing their story, they will stick their works on The Giant Book. The 5 students with the most creative and excellent drawings and stories will receive gifts from the School.