Pennschool’s Autumn Night Moonfest
Goals & Objectives
At this year’s Mid-Autumn Festival themed “PennSchool’s Autumn Night Moonfest,” students will participate in traditional and lively activities including moon gazing, lantern parades, moon worship, watching lion dance, and interactions with the Moon Lady and the Moon Boy. These activities will create unforgettable memories with teachers, classmates, and friends.
PennSchool aims to foster a deeper appreciation for traditional cultural values through the activities organized during this year’s Mid-Autumn Festival. Additionally, we strive to instill in our students a sense of pride in their cultural heritage. These activities provide a platform for our students to express themselves as confident global citizens who consistently respect the cultures of those around them.
All students from Preschool to Grade 12
- For Primary School students:
- Students will make Mooncakes and watch an interesting magic show from Magician Cong Tuan.
- Students are encouraged to wear Mid-Autumn Festival-themed costumes and bring electric lanterns to school in order to participate in exciting Festival activities and the lantern procession.
- Students can participate in many interesting activities during the Mid-Autumn Night Festival, including:
- Costume festival & cultural performances with the Moon Lady and the Moon Boy.
- Lantern Parade along with the Lion Dance.
- Mid-Autumn lantern decoration.
- Tray decoration and participation in Moon worship.
- Handmade activities and watching Mid-Autumn movies in class.
- Students will make Mooncakes and receive gifts from the Moon Boy (“To he” – a traditional toy rich in folk culture, will be featured in the Mid-Autumn Festival).
- Moon Worship: Students will enjoy moon worship together with traditional Mid-Autumn Festival cakes.
- For Secondary & High School students:
- Mid-Autumn Festival-Themed Costumes: Students are encouraged to wear Mid-Autumn Festival-themed costumes to participate in the Festival and exciting lantern procession activities.
- Mooncake Workshop: Students will experience making their own handmade mooncakes at the Mid-Autumn Festival in the cafeteria.
- Lantern Parades and Mid-Autumn Fair: The traditional festival with game stalls and typical Mid-Autumn cuisine will be a memorable experience for both students and teachers. In addition, students will join in the Lantern Parades and watch an interesting play that will be carefully prepared and choreographed by the PennSchool community members.
- Buffet: Students will enjoy moon worship together with traditional Mid-Autumn Festival cakes.